Friday, March 20, 2009

Depressing Article, TV Recommendation.

This ran in the New York Times a few days ago, and I thought it was both fascinating and horribly depressing.

It's a quick read, and worth looking through. I've been thinking about it a lot since I read it-- in fact, it's stuck with me as much as any of the books I read over this vacation, possibly because I've never thought (never had to think) that much about the issue of violence in teenage couples.

Also, because I love tangents and what better place for a tangent than my first post, if you have access to Showtime or are unopposed to finding the episodes on the internet, you should probably watch United States of Tara.

I'm watching Frozen River right now so there may be a review of that coming if my family can be quiet (read: if my grandmother can stop being confused about the genders of characters) long enough for me to fully determine some comments on the movie. Plus, I'm going to tell you about books I read for fun in the eight days I had off school in order to read books for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment